Port Harcourt is a city in Nigeria, which is Africa’s most populous state, and the continent’s largest economy. The country’s economy was previously based mainly on agriculture, but since the 1970s it has been strongly dominated by oil. The port city has international airports, as well as several airports for domestic traffic
Producing Bonny Light
As Africa’s largest oil producer, with a production of approximately two million barrels per day, Nigeria is an important country in the global economy. Nigeria’s “Bonny Light” type oil is easy to refine, and thus sought after and offers a high price. Most of the crude oil is exported via the Bonny oil port outside Port Harcourt.
Top 10 Oil and Gas Port Harcourt Jobs
Below is the list of top 10 job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Project Director Jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
- Commercial Operations Specialist Jobs in Onne, Nigeria
- Repair Shop Team Leader Jobs in Onne, Nigeria
- Field Engineer Jobs in Onne, Nigeria
- Contract Performance Manager Jobs in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- HR Leader Eastern Hemisphere Jobs in Offshore, Norway
- Finance Manager (Nigerian Nationals only) Jobs in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Rig Supervisor–Offshore Jobs in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Service Manager – Nigeria Jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
- Lead Engineer/ Technologist Jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
More List of Jobs by City in Nigeria
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Abuja Nigeria
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Ibadan Nigeria
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Lagos Nigeria
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Port Harcourt Nigeria
Oil and Gas Industry
The oil and gas industry sector in Nigeria is dominated by large foreign companies such as Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Eni and Total, in cooperation with the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC), with Shell as the largest single operator. The oil field are all from inland swamps to deepwater offshore with subsea production systems installed. Some notable subsea fields are Agbami, Akpo and Bonga. With the breakdown of companies and production, local companies have increased considerably, especially on land and as subcontractors and contractors. The oil industry is heavily concentrated in Lagos, with secondary centers in Kano, Ibadan and Port Harcourt.
Top 5 Port Harcourt Companies
Below is the list of top 5 companies related to the subsea oil and gas category:
- Atlantic Marine & Oilfield ServicesAtlantic Marine & Oilfield Services in short: A Subsea Engineering Company, Atlantic Marine is fully equipped for Diver & ROV Intervention jobs. AMOS works in line with IMCA Procedures. Atlantic Marine and Oilfield Services Ltd (RC. 160570) Incorporated in 1994, is a fully operational Oilfield Services, Subsea and Dive Engineering Company. Atlantic Marine & Oilfield ...
- Popham Walter OdusotePopham Walter Odusote in short: is a professional services company providing architecture, engineering, land and urban planning, interior design, and project management servicespopham walter odusote,popham walter,offshore,commerical,architects,architecture,engineering,project management,health care,hospital,medical,design,nigeri Visit our web site for vacancies, jobs and Popham Walter Odusote careers! We are located in Victoria Island, NIGERIA, Africa www.pwoarch.com Popham Walter Odusote Products Popham Walter Odusote Vacancies Top Oil and Gas ...
- Chevron CorporationChevron Corporation in short: oil and gas exploration and production operations around the worldChevron has extensive oil and gas exploration and production operations around the world. In 2007, we produced 2.6 million barrels per day of oil-equivalent. Chevron has an exceptionally strong portfolio, with key operations in the world’s most important oil and gas regions. We ...
- Willbros Group IncWillbros Group Inc in short: structural, engineering and construction companyWith established offices worldwide, Willbros is a leading integrated engineering and construction company offering services to the energy industry. Willbros places particular emphasis on projects in developing countries where we believe our experience gives us a competitive advantage. The Company traces its roots to the construction ...
- Parker DrillingParker Drilling in short: drilling and rental tool servicesParker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling rigs, labor management, and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker Drilling primary business segment is drilling rigs with 33 in the United States Gulf of Mexico and 46 internationally. Parker Drilling U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition ...