Quick Guide: How to Get Electrical Engineering Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Electrical Engineering Jobs Description
In your electrical engineering job as an offshore electrician, your task is to ensure operation and work to prevent machines and equipment on the rig from failing. You do this by testing, developing, operating, maintaining and repairing electronic systems and equipment.
The electronics you work with can be connected to everything from communication and navigation equipment to control systems for drilling and more. There are jobs for electricians on both ships and platforms. Typical work tasks for an offshore electrician, operate and maintain electronic equipment, troubleshooting, correcting errors and repairing electronic equipment, make sure there are enough spare parts.
Entry Level Electrical Engineering Jobs
Subsea oil and gas electricians are often employed in private oil service companies, and work in the fabrication and construction and mechanical industry, oil industry, offshore, shipbuilding and construction of drilling rigs. Entry level electrical engineering jobs could be as an apprentice in any of these companies.
Electrical Engineering Jobs Salary
Electricians on rig and offshore rig worker, can count on a starting electrical engineering jobs salary of about $50k excluding holiday pay, and about $60k including holiday pay.
Top Oil and Gas Job Careers Paths for Engineering Graduates
As an electrician you have a good basis for a career within offshore electrical engineering. The minimum for everyone who will work offshore on a drilling rig is that they must have an approved health certificate, as well as safety course. Most offshore positions also require that you have good knowledge of English and applicants with a trade certificate and relevant experience will most often be preferred.
The following companies may be hiring now:
- ARGO International
- Weidmuller, Inc.
- AMEC Black & McDonald
- DOTgroup International
- AMEK AS
- Ultima Labs, Inc
- Jelec USA Inc.
- ODI Ocean Design Inc
- The Ex Zone
Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering Jobs Near Me
Most of the offshore electrician jobs are with companies in the major oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK, Houston, USA and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many opportunitiesin Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil. To find “electrical engineering jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in and the search engine results gives you companies hiring.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Electrical Commissioning Engineer Jobs
- Electrical Advisor Jobs
- Electrical Project Manager Jobs
- Offshore Electrical Supervisor Jobs
- Electrical Rig Maintenance Jobs
- Electrical Power Distribution Jobs
- Electrical Rig Engineering Jobs
- Electrical Reliability Manager Jobs
- Electrical Manager Jobs
- Offshore Electrical Technician Jobs
Top 10 Positions Hiring Now
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- Rig Electrician Jobs in Offshore, InternationalMake necessary repairs to electrical equipment aboard the rig. Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with operating procedures. Install new equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, safe practices, and regulatory requirements. Maintain the logs of all electrical repairs onboard the rig and keep Rig Engineer informed as to the status of the repairs ...
- ROV Supervisor Jobs in Houston, USAThe ROV Supervisor is responsible for the safety of the ROV, Tooling and system related third party personnel. The incumbent is responsible for organizing and managing the project team, effective handling of operations and emergency situations. Ability to oversee the tasks of both the Mechanical and Electrical Technician positions. Training new personnel as necessary and also ...
- Chief Electrician Jobs in Offshore, InternationalCommunication system DP system, including DP reference systems (HPR, HIPAP, UPS, Tautwire, Artemis, Fan Beam within their ability and proficiency Electrical systems Motors and generators Transformers Lighting systems Navigation systems Alarm and control systems All electrical power systems Switchboards Video and entertainment systems Carrying out repairs as directed by the Chief Engineer. Carrying out modifications on the equipment as directed by the Chief Engineer. Keeping workshops and tools ...
- Technical Coordinator/Maintenance Supervisor Jobs in Offshore, InternationalResponsible for the management of the maintenance planning for all equipment. • Responsible for the maintenance and the repair of all equipment and material on board. • Responsible to apply the MAXIMO P.M.S system and to record it. • Responsible for the stock management and to order all the spare parts related to the mechanical, electrical and marine equipment. • Responsible to conduct ...
- Project Electrical Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAssist Technical Manager in the promotion and maintenance of efficient engineering interfaces across the Project Team. Assist Technical Manager in the development of a standard approach to the electrical engineering functions. Undertake site visits to sub-contractors and vendors and control during production operations. We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as Project Electrical Engineer ...
- Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical Jobs in Offshore, AngolaKCA DEUTAG is one of the largest drilling contractors outside the Americas. We are responsible for managing more than 100 drilling rig operations, both onshore and offshore, in more than 20 countries and are a world leader in the design and construction of drilling facilities. Our aim is to be the preferred drilling contractor through measurable ...
- Summer Internships – Engineering division Jobs in Oslo, NorwayThe Engineering Division is globally responsible for project execution in all phases of projects, from Front End studies to Detail design, Fabrication support and Commissioning. The division consists of departments in Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo. The engineering disciplines are as follows: · Process · ...
- Electrical Supervisor Jobs in Stavanger, NorwayTo follow up on electrical equipment in the Operations preparation phase, this person will be working out of the Stavanger office for operations preparation, but will be assigned to a rig and follow this out into operations upon completion of construction. The position reports to Rig Manager operations preparation for the duration of the operation preparation ...
- Reliability Superintendent Jobs in Toledo, USAIn conjunction with the Lead Maintenance Superintendent and other Maintenance Superintendents, the Reliability Superintendent provides leadership of Routine Maintenance activities at Toledo Refinery. In addition to overseeing execution of maintenance for assigned disciplines, leading the Reliability strategy and providing the primary focus for proactive, reliability-driven Maintenance, the Reliability Superintendent provides support in implementing and improving ...
- Life Support Technician Jobs in Offshore, UKResponsible for complying with and carrying out all tasks and duties in accordance with policies and procedures documented in Business Management System (BMS). Conducts all required emergency procedures which ensure safety of divers under their control. Provides a detailed communication link between divers in saturation and surface crew. Runs pre and post dive check lists ...