Quick Guide: How to Get Oil and Gas Jobs in the Subsea Industry Now!
Oil and Gas Jobs Description
The term oil and gas jobs are wide and covers almost any type of professions involved in the subsea offshore industry. The oil and gas industry are among the largest and employ millions of people all over the world. The professions range from geoscience, which job is to find the oil deep down in the earth, to truck drivers, delivering the processed oil to the local fuel station. In between, there are all sorts of oil and gas jobs. Most are involved in building the infrastructure needed to extract the condensate from the reservoir to shore, such as designing, construction and installation of subsea template and manifolds system, drilling rigs, laying of pipelines to shore. Then the raw condensate needs to be processed and made into all sorts of petroleum products. All companies involved need staff and managements to run the business and hence all types of positions can be defined as oil and gas jobs too.
Entry Level with No Experience
There are more entry level oil and gas jobs than in any other industry for handy workers with no experience. At the fabrication and construction sites there are need for construction workers and at the drilling site or on the platform or drilling rig there are need for people as deck workers, roughnecks and floormen that are positions that do not required much education or experience.
Oil and Gas Jobs Salary
As for the wide range of positions in the industry, the oil and gas jobs salary can be state without more information about the profession involved, but as the subsea business is very lucrative with high petroleum prices, and many people work in remote areas and offshore, the salary is in general higher than in a similar position in other industries.
Top Subsea Careers Paths for Graduates
Most people who work in higher positions offshore have started at the bottom, such as deck workers or maintenance workers. To get started with an offshore oil and gas job, it is important to be willing to take whatever you are offered. These may not be the most festive tasks in the start, but it will give you a foothold inside the door. Then you have the opportunity to work your way up or to another more relevant and higher paying job. Many people start their offshore career as substitutes, and then it is important that you are flexible and can show up at short notice.
The following companies may be hiring now:
- ARGO International
- Diesel Power AS
- Harris Pye Marine Ltd.
- SEACON (europe) Ltd
- Weidmuller, Inc.
- Hawke Cable Glands Ltd
- Petrolia Drilling ASA
- DrawWorks, L.P.
- Falmouth Divers Ltd
Oil and Gas Jobs Near Me
Most of the jobs are with companies in the major subsea industry hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many petroleum related jobs in Houston Texas, Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil. To find “oil and gas jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in and the search engine results gives you companies hiring.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Mwd Driller Jobs
- Assessment Driller Jobs
- Land Rig Jobs
- Rig Moving Jobs
- Drilling Supervisor Consultant Jobs
- Derrick Jobs
- Drilling Software Jobs
- OIM Jobs
- IWCF Jobs
- Remedial Tools Jobs
Top 10 Vacancies
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea jobs and careers database:
- ROV Supervisors Jobs in Offshore, AustraliaDay to day supervision of the i-Tech resource operating on work site. * When acting as the senior i-Tech representative offshore, maintaining communications with the clients offshore representative and project engineer. * Execution of the i-Tech operations and ensuring its timely completion in accordance with the relevant proposal and ...
- Marine Engineers – Dynamic Positioning Jobs in Singapore, SingaporeScope of role * Assist in developing DP work in the Far East, in particular DP and FMEA * FMEA analysis and proving trials * Crane/Winch/Windlass inspections * Gap analysis for non DP vessels We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Subsea Process & Boosting Project Engineer Jobs in Houston, USAAker Solutions have a long track record in subsea processing and boosting. We deliver both complete subsea systems and equipment. The subsea process and boosting department in Houston is facing many new exciting challenges and will increase its staff. As a project engineer you will assist in tenders and projects for subsea process projects. Your ...
- Project Director Jobs in Lagos, NigeriaReporting to the Subsea Projects SVP, you will provide direction to the Project team for this major Subsea EPC project, having the responsibility for the contractual and financial delivery of the project. You will be the key interface across the business, the client and the management team on all project matters. We have a vacant oil ...
- Sales Manager – Northern Europe Jobs in Various, NetherlandsMaintaining bookings forecast for the area of responsibility. • Winning new orders against the forecast as well as developing upsides opportunities. • Preparing monthly reports for Sales and Senior Management. • Assist in collecting aged receivable customer accounts. • Ensuring that all non standard terms and conditions are directed to the EH Contracts and Legal department for review and ...
- Hook-Up HSE Advisor Jobs in Offshore, VariousResponsible for providing support and guidance to ensure compliance with national and international regulations. To assist in the induction and familiarisation process for new people. To assist in identifying and fulfilling training requirements for all work-site people to achieve necessary HSE competency requirements. To contribute to the HSE readiness of the work-site. To produce and maintain work-site HSE documentation ...
- Motorman Jobs in Offshore, InternationalEnsure that incomplete repairs and projects are finished timely * Ensure that equipment failure is kept to a minimum and within contractual limits * Maintain good two-way communication with crew members * Ensure entries on permits, isolation tags, and logs reflect the current status ...
- Business Manager-Subsea Thermal Insulation Jobs in Houston, USAManage FMC Subseas global ambition to develop and implement new business initiatives in the area of thermal insulation for subsea production systems and expand into flowlines, pipelines and risers market Develop business plan for subsea thermal insulation business and establish action plans for sales and marketing, sourcing and manufacturing of materials, application service, project execution ...
- Principal geoscientist Jobs in Houston, USAThe successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of geology, geophysics, and entrepreneurial thinking, to develop and make substantial contributions to an operated exploration and appraisal program focused on high impact prospect generation in frontier regions of the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. A range of positions are available depending on level of experience. Highly qualified candidates ...
- Riser Engineer Jobs in America, HoustonManage the contractor with respect to all pipeline activities for the system SCR/Flexiable, Risers. Monitor technical performance and review Design Premise, design deliverables and offshore construction manuals throughout all project phases. Review dynamic analyses of the riser system covering transportation, installation and operation phases. Liaise with Company specialists to gather comments to design documentation and ...