Luanda, the capital of Angola, in the northwest of the country by the Atlantic Ocean. Luanda is Angola’s largest city and main port. The port is an important export port for the city industry, which includes oil and gas, offshore services, petroleum refining, breweries, textile manufacturing and food. Luanda has an international airport and is the terminus of the railway from Malanje.
Oil and Gas Industry in Angola
It is difficult to overstate the importance of oil for the development of modern Angola. Control over the oil industry and oil revenues has therefore been crucial for the country’s political economy both before, but especially after the conclusion of the peace. From oil production started offshore, oil production was relatively stable, mostly in shallow water off the coast of Cabinda.
Top 10 Oil and Gas Luanda Jobs
Below is the list of top 10 job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Drilling Section Leader, Drillships Jobs in Offshore, Angola
- Safety Engineer Jobs in Luanda, Angola
- i-field Support Engineer Jobs in Malongo, Angola
- Project Manager Jobs in Luanda, Angola
- Subsea Project Engineer Jobs in Sunbury, UK
- Lead Completion Engineer Jobs in Staines, UK
- Pipeline/Pigging Engineer Jobs in Luanda, Angola
- Subsea Supervisor Jobs in Offshore, Angola
- Project Planner Jobs in Luanda, Angola
- Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical Jobs in Offshore, Angola
National Oil Company Sonangol
In 1976, right after independence, the colonial oil production company in Angola, ANGOL, was nationalized. The company that was formed in Luanda, with the state as sole owner, was named Sonangol, and took over several of the foreign companies’ infrastructures and employees. Sonangol still has a crucial role in the country’s oil industry, both as a commercial company, operator and industry regulator.
Subsea Oil and Gas Production in Deep Waters
In 1996 it became clear that Angola was facing a new oil age when the French company Elf found oil in deep water 140 km off the coast of Luanda. In the following years, many international oil companies were involved in exploration and constantly new discoveries in deep and ultra-deep water. From 2004, oil production increased drastically, so that Angola competed with Nigeria to be Africa’s largest oil producer.
Top 5 Luanda Companies
Below is the list of top 5 companies related to the subsea oil and gas category:
- SonangolSonangol in short: angola oil gas exploration and production companySonangols full name Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola (Sonangol). Sonangol was established In 1976 as the national oil company of Angola. Sonangol is fully owned by the state and serves as the business arm of the Angolan government. Sonangol is the sole concessionaire for oil exploration ...
- SONAMETSONAMET in short: quality fabrications and construction for shallow water and deepwater projects offshore Angolaangola, lobito, luanda, fabrication, construction, Visit our web site for vacancies, jobs and SONAMET careers! We are located in Lobito, ANGOLA, Africa www.sonamet.com SONAMET Products SONAMET Vacancies Top Oil and Gas Jobs in ANGOLA Top Oil and Gas Jobs in Lobito Top SONAMET Job Positions
- Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd, CABGOCCabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd, CABGOC in short: chevron, oil, gas, angola, natural gas, africaexploration and production Visit our web site for vacancies, jobs and Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd, CABGOC careers! We are located in Luanda, ANGOLA, Africa Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd, CABGOC is involved in international oil gas exploration and production industry. Unfortunately, there is ...