Quick Guide: Subsea Projects in Canada Atlantic Ocean
Where is the Canada Atlantic Ocean?
The subsea oil and gas projects in the Canada Atlantic Ocean, which is a sea between Europe / Africa and America, bounded by the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean by the meridians that run through the southern tips of the two continents. The Atlantic Ocean in the broadest sense extends from the Weddell Sea in the south over the North Pole area to the Bering Strait. The area of the Atlantic Ocean, including all secondary seas, is approx. 106 million km2, ie one fifth of the earth’s surface.
How deep is the Canada Atlantic Ocean?
The most striking feature is the Atlantic ridge, which runs from north to south approximately in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and approximately parallel to both coasts. The two depressions that thus occur are at a number of more or less clear transverse ridges divided into basins with relatively even bottoms and depths above 5000 m. The central ridge lies over a crack in the earth’s crust and is generally less than 3000 m deep.
Subsea Production Systems
Subsea oil and gas field developments and projects in the Canada Atlantic is complicated and it takes years from the initial successful geophysical and seismic surveys to first oil. Exploration drilling and the reservoir can be defined and the volume of oil and gas or condensate can be estimated. The subsea field layout can now be developed, including the design of the subsea production systems, subsea PLEM PLET, pipelines routing and the topside oil production facilities and installations. After all the subsea wells have been drilled and the subsea production systems are installed, the oil production can finally begin.
Canada Atlantic Subsea Projects and Oil Field Developments
Below is a list of Canada Atlantic Subsea oil and gas field developments:
- White Rose Oil and Gas by HuskyThe field consists of both oil and gas pools, including the South White Rose oil pool. The oil pool covers approximately 40km2 and contains an estimated 200-250 million barrels of recoverable oil making it one of the largest North American oil discoveries. The White Rose field is approximately 50km from the Hibernia and Terra Nova ...
- Deep Panuke Gas by EncanaEnCana’s Deep Panuke Project consists of the installation of production (and support) infrastructure to produce gas from reserves located in the Deep Panuke field. The Project also consists of the transmission of those reserves in the form of natural gas to the Nova Scotia mainland. The main Project development activities involve the installation of three platforms: ...
- Hibernia by Hiberniais located in the Jeanne d’Arc Basin, 315km east of St John’s, Newfoundland, in water 80m deep. The field consists principally of two early Cretaceous reservoirs – Hibernia and Avalon – located at average depths of 3700m and 2400m, respectively. Hibernia, Canada Atlantic, Hibernia, America(North),
- Sable Offshore Energy Project by ExxonMobilproject lies near Sable Island, 10km to 40km north of the edge of the Scotian Shelf, offshore Nova Scotia, in water depths ranging between 20 and 80m. The Sable Offshore Energy Project consists of the six gas fields Venture. Sable Offshore Energy Project, Canada Atlantic, ExxonMobil, America(North),
- Terra Nova by Petro CanadaThe Terra Nova field, located 350km ESE of St John’s Newfoundland and 35km SE of Hibernia, was discovered in 1984 by Petro-Canada. Field reserves have been estimated at 406 million barrels (Mbbl). Terra Nova, Canada Atlantic, Petro Canada, America(North),
More Worldwide Subsea Projects
The database include many more subsea oil and gas projects which can be can be sorted by oil field areas as listed below. Click on your area of interest to learn more about the projects.