Jakarta, the capital and largest city of Indonesia, on the northwest coast of Java, at the mouth of the Ciliwung River. Jakarta is a separate metropolitan area with provincial status. The urban area has grown into the neighboring districts and goes by the name Jabotabek. The urban area has a population of 32 million.
Oil and Gas, Trade and Financial Center
The city is mainly an administration, oil and gas, trade and financial center. In the suburbs around the city, extensive industrialization has taken place since the 1980s with the help of foreign capital. The city is also the seat of the state university and a number of other higher education institutions as well as the headquarters of Indonesia’s mass media.
Top 10 Oil and Gas Jakarta Jobs
Below is the list of top 10 job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Specialist Coal Bed Methane Geologist Jobs in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Sales Manager Jobs in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Marine Supervisor Jobs in Balikpapan, Indonesia
- ROV Workshop Manager Jobs in Batam, Indonesia
- General Manager Subsea Jobs in Batam, Indonesia
- Chief Mechanic Jobs in Offshore, Indonesia
- ROV Instructor – Training Jobs in Batam, Indonesia
- Engineer Well Performance Jobs in Balikpapan, Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Singapore Singapore
- Intergrated Services Coordinator Jobs in Offshore, Indonesia
Other List of Companies by City in Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Makassar Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Semarang Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Jakarta Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Batam Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Jobs in Palembang Indonesia
Oil and Gas Industry
The most important mineral resource is petroleum products. Oil and gas production began as early as the 1890s and increased very rapidly in the period after independence. The largest oil fields are in Sumatra and Kalimantan, as well as some smaller fields in Java, the Moluccas and Papua. The country hopes to be able to develop the eastern oil fields in order to maintain production levels. Indonesia is not self-sufficient in oil.
Oil Fields Offshore Jakarta
The four largest offshore fields for natural gas extraction are off Aceh in Sumatra, Bontang in Kalimantan and Tangguh in Papua, as well as on the island of Natuna between the Malay Peninsula and Kalimantan in the South China Sea. The largest coal mines are in Sumatra and Kalimantan.
Top 5 Jakarta Companies
Below is the list of top 5 companies related to the subsea oil and gas category:
- Punj Lloyd LtdPunj Lloyd Ltd in short: one of the largest engineering construction companies in India providing integrated design, engineering, procurement, construction and project managementPunj Lloyd Limited is one of the largest engineering construction companies in India providing integrated design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for energy industry and infrastructure sector projects. Punj Lloyd Limited ...
- Chevron CorporationChevron Corporation in short: oil and gas exploration and production operations around the worldChevron has extensive oil and gas exploration and production operations around the world. In 2007, we produced 2.6 million barrels per day of oil-equivalent. Chevron has an exceptionally strong portfolio, with key operations in the world’s most important oil and gas regions. We ...
- Sea Engineering, Inc.Sea Engineering, Inc. in short: marine and general contractors; government agencies; and research institutions.Sea Engineering, Inc. (SEI), founded in Hawaii in 1973, has completed projects worldwide, from the Bering Sea to Tahiti, from Malaysia and Indonesia to California and Mexico, in the Caribbean and Central America, and along the U.S. east coast. Clients include professional, ...
- Willbros Group IncWillbros Group Inc in short: structural, engineering and construction companyWith established offices worldwide, Willbros is a leading integrated engineering and construction company offering services to the energy industry. Willbros places particular emphasis on projects in developing countries where we believe our experience gives us a competitive advantage. The Company traces its roots to the construction ...
- K&M Technology GroupK&M Technology Group in short: development and application of leading edge technologies for extended reach wellsK&M Technology’s mission is to lead the oil and gas industry in the development and application of leading edge technologies for extended reach wells. Since its inception, K&M Technology has been involved in extended reach and horizontal drilling and has ...
Other List of Companies by City in Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Australia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Singapore Singapore
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Palembang Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Batam Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Makassar Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Semarang Indonesia
- List of Oil and Gas Companies in Jakarta Indonesia