Quick Guide: How to Get Engineering Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Education for Engineering Jobs
Engineering jobs educations are higher technical educations at university and college level. You can become an engineer by taking a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering.
After typically completing a three-year engineering education, the bachelor’s degree in engineering is obtained. Master of Science in Engineering requires a master’s degree in technology and is a five-year education.
The construction educations combine science and technology subjects and will provide knowledge about the interaction between technology, the environment and society in your subsea engineering jobs. The educations are vocational, and the programs qualify for work in a number of different industries.
Engineering Jobs Description
What engineering jobs occupations, subject areas, types of education and levels of education do subsea oil and gas companies need? Which skilled workers and engineers do they need most now and in the future?
Engineers and skilled oil and gas workers are the most in-demand educations among energy and oil service companies. More than half of the biggest manufacturing and construction companies says they are in need of engineers in the next five years so there should be plenty of opportunities if you consider becoming an engineer.
Engineering Jobs Salary
The engineering jobs salary and how much you will actually earn depends on which position and which company you are employed in, but a starting salary of $40k – $50k a year, plus supplements, is considered normal. As the experience and with higher ranking positions, the salary may increase significantly. Engineers ends up in managements positions, in particular in subsea oil and gas and technology driven companies.
What kind of engineers does the subsea oil and gas community want?
The offshore industry has fewer students in technology and science than other industries with which it is natural to compare ourselves. In order to take care of the engineering competence needs of the subsea oil and gas companies and new focus areas for the oil service competitiveness, and the green shift transition to renewable energy, more people must be educated within these subject areas.
Subsea oil and gas companies are especially looking for these engineers and we have made special guides on how to get jobs for each of these engineering professions:
Top Oil and Gas Careers Paths for Engineering Graduates
People with engineering jobs get to contribute to the green shift and solve major societal problems in many industries. Five out of ten subsea oil and gas companies lack employees with the right skills. According to oil and gas industry researchers, companies will have a greater need for engineers and technical subjects over the next five years as a result of digitization and automation. The technological development will make technical competence increasingly important in the future.
The following engineering companies could be hiring now:
- Diesel Power AS
- SEACON (europe) Ltd
- Falmouth Divers Ltd
- High Pressure Equipment Company
- Jindal Drilling & Industries ltd
- CRC-Evans Pipeline International, Inc.
- Ramboll Oil & Gas
- AMEC Black & McDonald
- Well Processing AS
Engineering Jobs Near Me
To find “engineering jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in and the search engine results gives you companies hiring. Most of the jobs are with companies in the major oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK, Houston, USA and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many positions and opportunities in Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Petroleum Consultant Jobs
- Dcs Engineer Jobs
- Lifting Operations Jobs
- GIS Engineer Jobs
- Verification Engineer Jobs
- Electrical Commissioning Engineer Jobs
- Industrial Automation Jobs
- Piping Designer Jobs
- Analyzer Engineer Jobs
- PLC Programming Jobs
Top 10 Engineering Jobs
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- Marine Engineers – Dynamic Positioning Jobs in Singapore, SingaporeScope of role * Assist in developing DP work in the Far East, in particular DP and FMEA * FMEA analysis and proving trials * Crane/Winch/Windlass inspections * Gap analysis for non DP vessels We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Subsea Process & Boosting Project Engineer Jobs in Houston, USAAker Solutions have a long track record in subsea processing and boosting. We deliver both complete subsea systems and equipment. The subsea process and boosting department in Houston is facing many new exciting challenges and will increase its staff. As a project engineer you will assist in tenders and projects for subsea process projects. Your ...
- Sales Manager – Northern Europe Jobs in Various, NetherlandsMaintaining bookings forecast for the area of responsibility. • Winning new orders against the forecast as well as developing upsides opportunities. • Preparing monthly reports for Sales and Senior Management. • Assist in collecting aged receivable customer accounts. • Ensuring that all non standard terms and conditions are directed to the EH Contracts and Legal department for review and ...
- Principal geoscientist Jobs in Houston, USAThe successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of geology, geophysics, and entrepreneurial thinking, to develop and make substantial contributions to an operated exploration and appraisal program focused on high impact prospect generation in frontier regions of the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. A range of positions are available depending on level of experience. Highly qualified candidates ...
- Riser Engineer Jobs in America, HoustonManage the contractor with respect to all pipeline activities for the system SCR/Flexiable, Risers. Monitor technical performance and review Design Premise, design deliverables and offshore construction manuals throughout all project phases. Review dynamic analyses of the riser system covering transportation, installation and operation phases. Liaise with Company specialists to gather comments to design documentation and ...
- Principal Analysis Engineer Jobs in Sutton, UKProvide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understand clients’ needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement innovative solutions. Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others. Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support ...
- Offshore Construction Engineer- SURF Jobs in Houston, USAPlans, develops, coordinates, and manages on-site construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects. • Manages project engineering and related functions and activities. Includes personnel planning and administration, and work assignments. • Insures project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and supports overall construction schedule. • Provides technical support for construction effort, including participation ...
- Tech Support Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsibility includes support of critical operations, high level technical Product-line specific support; facilitation of effective BEACON Center use, knowledge and experience transfer throughout the region and support for Geomarket initiatives to develop local talent and competency. Education, Experience Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Relevant oilfield experience. We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Solidworks Enterprise PDM Administrator Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding support to Design & Engineering staff. - Ongoing development & tuning of PDM to increase functionality. - Assisting & training PDM users. - Working with IT & other PDM support personnel to support integration. - Modelling of parts for inclusion to standard libraries. - Ongoing support of admin dept providing PDM vault housekeeping. - Co-ordination of PDM maintenance activities to ...