Quick Guide: How to Get Technician Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Technician Jobs Description
The oilfield technicians involved in the subsea oil and gas industry are responsible for maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and systems. Typical work tasks are cleaning and removing obstructions from well systems, drilling machinery and pipes. The technician jobs is to inspect and overhaul equipment such as pumps and motor, turbines and drilling tools.
Entry Level Technician Jobs
There are many entry level technician jobs available in the subsea oil and gas industry, but you also have the opportunity to study further at a technical vocational school where you can take a subsea engineering line. If you want to go on to college and university, there are several ways to do it without having general study competence, for example through pre-courses.
Find remote intervention companies
Technician Jobs Salary
The technician jobs salary and how much you will actually earn in an offshore job depends on which position and which company you are employed in, but a starting salary of $25k – $35k a year, plus supplements, is considered normal. As a technician with experience and with higher ranking workshop positions, the salary may increase significantly.
Top Subsea Oil and Gas Job Careers Paths for Graduates
The career path for an offshore or subsea technician is starting as entry level technician, then become a workshop tech. After that, it might be a good idea to specialize. After years of experience the technician become lead or supervisor either in the workshop onshore or in the field or offshore on a vessel, platform or drilling rig.
The following companies may be hiring now:
- Jindal Drilling & Industries ltd
- Freeman & Curiel Engineers
- Energy Institute
- T. H. Hill Associates, Inc.
- CKT Projects BV
- Hydratight Sweeney
- Guido Perla & Associates, Inc
- Canada Tech
- Bowtech Products Limited
- China Fangzheng Valve Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Technician Jobs Near Me
Most of the jobs are with companies in the major oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK, Houston, USA and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many technician jobs in Texas, Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil. To find “technician jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in and the search engine results gives you companies hiring.
List of Top 10 Job Description
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Tig Jobs
- Hazmat CDL Jobs
- Turbine Mechanic Jobs
- Shop Manager Jobs
- Alarm Management Jobs
- Equipment Operator Jobs
- Mining Operator Jobs
- Helper Jobs
- Automation Technician Jobs
- Assembly Technician Jobs
Top 10 Technician Jobs
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- ROV Supervisor Jobs in Houston, USAThe ROV Supervisor is responsible for the safety of the ROV, Tooling and system related third party personnel. The incumbent is responsible for organizing and managing the project team, effective handling of operations and emergency situations. Ability to oversee the tasks of both the Mechanical and Electrical Technician positions. Training new personnel as necessary and also ...
- ROV Technician Jobs in International, InternationalDue to continued growth within the Eastern Hemisphere Region, we are looking for experienced ROV Technicians to work in our West Africa, Mediterranean and Caspian Sea areas on vessel based intervention and field installation operations as well as rig based drilling and completion projects. Duties and responsibilities to include - * Understand and operate within the established ...
- Fall 2009 Offshore Operations Technical Internship Jobs in Offshore, USAResponsibilities: Attend a 7-day intensive orientation and training session at Shell’s Robert Training Center in Robert, Louisiana where candidates will receive training in the following areas: Basic water safety and survival ...
- Senior Mechanical Technician Jobs in Offshore, InternationalOffshore repair, maintenance and testing of a wide range of fixed and mobile equipment within the relevant asset equipment inventory Onshore construction, preparation, overhaul, repair, maintenance and testing of a wide range of fixed and mobile systems equipment and miscellaneous operational equipment within the relevant asset equipment inventory. Advise and assist other Technicians with technical expertise as ...
- Experienced ROV Pilot Jobs in Offshore, InternationalMust be knowledgeable and experienced with the ROV control, navigational and propulsion systems. Assist in the Launch and Recovery of the ROV System Ensuring that the ROV and all its systems are in complete working order and in compliance with all technical requirements throughout the contract period Carrying out the dive in accordance with recognised operating procedures in ...
- Tank Inspection Engineering Technician Jobs in Sunbury, UKClient’s FPSO includes a number of tanks within its hull space. These tanks are to be inspected in support of the vessel’s tank structural inspection strategy. This strategy is based on a rolling program of continuous assessment. An engineer is required to develop a detailed inspection scope for each of the FPSO’s 59 hull tanks ...
- Pipeline/Pigging Engineer Jobs in Luanda, AngolaProvides a pipeline support service within CABGOC on matters including pipeline pigging / cleaning and flow assurance, pipeline inspection, integrity and repair, and ensures that all projects and operations under direct control are performed according to safety, environmental and quality requirements. - Participates in and contributes to the various asset integrity team meetings held within the ...
- Offshore Equipment Crane Engineer / Hydraulic Technician Jobs in Offshore, InternationalFor these positions we are looking for candidates with relevant offshore experience: You have clear and effective oral and written communications skills in English language. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Extensive experience in Hydraulics required Experience in Crane maintenance preferred Experience with Planned Maintenance Systems Valid offshore survival/medical certificates A good knowledge of relevant safety requirements We have a vacant oil ...
- Senior ROV Technician Jobs in Offshore, InternationalDue to continued growth within the Eastern Hemisphere Region, we are looking for experienced ROV Senior Technicians with construction experience to work in our West Africa, Mediterranean and Caspian Sea areas on vessel based intervention and field installation operations as well as rig based drilling and completion projects. To pilot and maintain the ROV system as ...
- ROV Maintenance Technician Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAn opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hydraulic / Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work within a small and dedicated team responsible for maintaining and commissioning offshore ROV equipment and associated tooling technology. The position reports directly to the Equipment Maintenance Manager and an overview of the role is as follows: ...