Quick Guide: How to Get Consultancy Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Consultancy Jobs Description
The consultancy person can work in any type of a firm or company, or in a special consultancy company that provide consulting services for other companies. The consultancy job includes giving advice and solve problems within your line of work. This could basically be anything from recruitment, IT, management, business, travel and HR. The consultant or adviser is an expert person whose task it is to give advice in his field. Consultant is also used as a job title in the public administration and otherwise (eg publishing consultant, advertising consultant, personnel consultant, sales consultant, information consultant, sports consultant).
Entry Level Consultancy Jobs
There are several careers paths in the consultancy business, both in the private sector and in the public sector. Private sector consulting can mean very much different. In the public sector, it is common to divide positions into “consultant”, “senior consultant” and “senior consultant”. A consultant is usually the first thing you are hired as, while you can “work your way up” towards becoming a senior consultant.
Many ambitious graduates start their consultancy careers or entry level in the big consultancy firms such as Deloitte, Boston Consulting Group and McKinsey. A prosperous career paths is being employed as a trainee at one of these big companies. An alternative entry level job is to start as a consultant in a smaller company, a startup or a larger firm to get the required experience for their next consultancy careers step.
Find Oil and Gas Consultancy Companies
So, it is not a standard answer on how to become a consultant (or consultant) – and different companies may place different emphasis on the different job titles. So, it probably depends on where you want to apply for a job, and what that job puts in the term.
Although both of these terms are “broad terms”, it is quite common for advisory positions to have higher salaries or higher responsibilities than consulting positions. In the public sector, it is usually the case that you must have greater competence / education / experience to get a consultant position.
Consultancy Jobs Salary
The consultancy jobs salary varies a lot dependent on your line of work, but are normally about $25k – $300k, but there are higher paying consultancy jobs out there, in particular in the subsea oil and gas industry. Generally, oil and gas consultancy jobs are among the highest paying jobs in the world and at the same time relatively easy to get.
Top Oil and Gas Job Careers Paths for Graduates
There are endless careers paths for consultants in the subsea oil and gas line of business, however the top people can get into high-ranking company positions.
The following companies may hire now:
- Gardline Geosurvey Ltd
- Selantic AS
- McDermott International
- Marin Teknikk AS
- Landmark Graphics
- Optimum Production AS
- AMEC plc
- EMGS AS
- EGS Ltd
- Wirth GmbH
Oil and Gas Consultancy Jobs Near Me
Most of the jobs are with companies in the major oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many oil and gas jobs in Houston Texas, Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil. To find “oil and gas consultancy jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country or more specific your hometown or a town or city you would like to work in together with sales, business or management.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the top 10 of job descriptions that are related to the consultancy category. Click the links to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Petroleum Consultant Jobs
- Drilling Supervisor Consultant Jobs
- Project Management Consultant Jobs
- Rig Safety Consultant Jobs
- Compliance Consultant Jobs
- Safety Consultant Jobs
- Legal Consultant Jobs
- Drilling Site Consultant Jobs
- Well Consultant Jobs
- Recruitment Consultant Jobs
Top 10 Consultancy Jobs
Below are the top 10 consultancy jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Geotechnical Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandRisk Management consultancy and they have a need for a Principal level Geotechnical Engineer who is able to be a leader in this field and able to carry out offshore surveillance & consultancy services for offshore moorings, anchors and foundations as well as design appraisal work. You will be a recognised technical authority in the Geotechnics ...
- Marine Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants are currently recruiting experienced Marine Engineers to provide onshore consultancy support our expanding DP business in Aberdeen and around the world. Candidates will have strong experience in the offshore industry and be able to conduct a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, FMEA, audits, surveys and incident investigations. The key dimensions of ...
- Senior Engineers – Structural, Pipeline and Risers Jobs in Trondheim, NorwayWe seek experienced engineers who are interested to work within one of the following fields: - Floating offshore Structures - Pipelines and risers Typical work tasks will be: - Execute, plan and manage projects - Perform calculations - Perform design verification - Provide consultancy services to our customers - Take active part in sales and ...
- Naval Architect/ Offshore Structural Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe Noble Denton Group provides global capability in complex marine operations and offshore engineering. Noble Denton Consultants are currently recruiting an experienced Naval Architect/Offshore Structural Engineer to support our expanding consultancy engineering business in Aberdeen. Preferably chartered, candidates will be degree qualified in a relevant naval or structural discipline. The key dimension of the role will be ...
- Safety Engineer / Loss Prevention Engineer Jobs in Abu Dhabi, UAEThe candidate is preferred to be from Design-Consultancy background in the field of Oil & Gas Industries (Offshore, Onshore) / Refineries with experience (Site Safety experience shall not be considered at all for this post. Only relevant design experience in Safety Studies & Loss Prevention Design is required). The candidate should be a Chemical Engineer (with ...
- Project Manager Jobs in London, UKAs a Project Manager, you’ll lead the multi-discipline teams engaged in major shipbuilding projects for Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) carriers or offshore units such as FSU/FPSOs or floating gas projects. We’ll expect you to manage the provision of technical consultancy services, utilising available discipline engineers as appropriate. Responsible for several projects at the same ...
- Electrical Engineers Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe Noble Denton Group provides global capability in complex marine operations and offshore engineering. Noble Denton Consultants are currently recruiting experienced Electrical Engineers to provide onshore consultancy support our expanding DP business in Aberdeen and around the world. Candidates will have strong experience in the offshore industry and be able to conduct a variety of tasks including, ...
- Metocean Manager Jobs in London, UKThe Metocean Studies department has been providing advice and consultancy for over 30 years and continues to fulfill a valuable and expanding role both within the Noble Denton Group and dealing directly with commercial clients. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced person to join the Metocean Studies Department with a view to assuming a management ...