Oil Capital of Europe
The city of Stavanger, Norway is called the “subsea oil and gas capital”, and Norway’s largest oil company Equinor is headquartered at Forus. The state oil company Equinor was established by a unanimous parliamentary decision on June 14, 1972 and the head office was then added to the city.
Stavanger is the country’s fourth most populous municipality, and the settlement Stavanger / Sandnes, which includes the contiguous urban settlements in the four municipalities Stavanger, Sandnes, Sola and Randaberg, constitutes the country’s third largest settlement with 225,020 inhabitants (2019).
Stavanger Oil and Gas History
The city is of course also known as the oil capital, and although not everyone ‘likes’ this name (makes the city sound a bit dirty, in a way), there is no doubt that most Norwegians think of oil when the name Stavanger shows up. Oil has been an important part of the city’s history, and it was in the 1970s that things really started to take off. Formerly Statoil, now Equinor, is headquartered in Stavanger, and the entire industry has naturally had a positive impact on the city and the rest of the country as a whole.
Today, Petoro, a Norwegian state-owned limited company, is responsible for safeguarding the business conditions related to the state’s direct financial involvement in the petroleum activities at the Norwegian continental shelf’s head office in the city. Several other international oil companies have their Norwegian headquarters in Stavanger.
The Mountains and the Fjords
The Stavanger region has an incredible number of beautiful areas with fantastic views, and as I said, the city is a perfect base for those of the adventurous kind. The Lysefjord is close by, and as many may know, it is home to two of Norway’s most famous and spectacular hiking trails: Kjeragbolten and Preikestolen. These incredible vantage points are no less than 600 meters high, and the trip up to the top is demanding but definitely worth the effort. It is perhaps no wonder that Lonely Planet has named the Pulpit Rock the most amazing vantage point in the world.
Top 10 Subsea Jobs in Stavanger
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all oil and gas jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Communications Manager Norway & Nordics Cluster Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Engineering Manager Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Engineer Surveying Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Senior Geophysicist Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Senior Subsea Test & Commisioning Engineer Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Subsea Controls Engineer Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Summer Internships – Engineering division Jobs in Oslo, Norway
- Senior/ Principal Engineer Riser Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Electrical Supervisor Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
- Safety Engineer SIL Jobs in Stavanger, Norway
Other List of Companies by City in Norway:
Top 5 Subsea Companies
Below is the list of top 5 companies related to the subsea oil and gas category:
- Well Processing ASWell Processing AS in short: Swit system provides treatment and injection of seawater on the seabedWell Processing is a provider of engineering services for subsea processing. We work as an independent design house, supplying technology and licences. blend of topsides treatment and subsea expertise means Well Processing has a resource base of over 400 employees to ...
- Rolf Lycke ASRolf Lycke AS in short: supplier and stockist of pipes, fittings and flanges in carbon, low temperature and stainless steel.ROLF LYCKE AS is a private limited company has grown and diversified to become a major supplier and stockist of pipes, fittings and flanges in carbon, low temperature and stainless steel. Rolf Lycke AS is one of ...
- BG NorgeBG Norge in short: engaged in exploration for and production, transmission, distribution and supply of natural gasleading player in the global energy market, BG Group is a dynamic growing business with operations in 20 countries over five continents. While our headquarters are in United Kingdom (UK), over 60% of the talented professionals who make up ...
- Revus Energy ASRevus Energy AS in short: focus on reservoir expertise and business development.Revus is an independent exploration and production company with sole focus on the mature areas of the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). The company has since it it was established built a balanced and diversified portfolio of assets and acreage ranging from fields in production ...
- Domnick Hunter LtdDomnick Hunter Ltd in short: Filtration, purification and separation of compressed air and gases.Founded in 1963 the domnick hunter group plc is an international group of companies dedicated to the provision of high quality filtration, separation and purification products for a wide range of industries and applications. Excellence in technology and exporting has been recognised ...