Quick Guide: How to Get Materials Engineering Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Materials Engineering Jobs Description
In subsea materials engineering jobs, the materials technology is the study of materials and how to use this knowledge in the best possible way. This involves understanding how the structure of different materials is crucial to its properties and uses. Materials technology is interdisciplinary and includes everything from the production of aluminum, steel and silicon to the development of new materials.
The materials are developed for use in, among other things, petroleum activities, energy technology and means of transport or for more everyday products such as knives. Materials technology is therefore an important focus area for Norwegian industry and in use in many subsea products applications. Good expertise in materials technology and the right choice of materials can save companies a lot of money and work!
Today, material technologists face exciting challenges such as environmentally friendly metal production and recycling, advanced material use in the oil and gas business in the North Sea and in the High North, and the development of new materials based on nanotechnology for environmentally friendly and efficient use of our national energy resources.
Entry Level Engineering Jobs
Entry level materials engineering jobs are ordinary engineering positions with limited responsibilities which does not require to much experience. You will work together with more experienced engineers and learn as you go.
The following companies may be hiring now:
- Shanghai Saige Composite Materials
- ESAB Welding & Cutting
- Kobelt Manufacturing
- Whitehill Manufacturing
- Solvay Solexis, Inc.
- U.S. Bolt Manufacturing, Inc.
- GPA AS
- Coordinated Equipment Company
- Mechanische Industrie Menzing
Materials Engineering Jobs Salary
The materials engineering jobs salary depends on which position and which company you are employed in, but a starting salary of $40k – $50k a year are normal. As you gather more and more experience as an engineer and with higher ranking positions, the salary should increase significantly.
Top Oil and Gas Careers Paths for Engineering Graduates
There are several interesting careers paths for the material engineering graduate and less experienced engineer. This may be to focus on specific materials, as steel, titanium, ceramic, composite, glass etc. or becoming a metallurgical engineer or be an expert on welding.
Oil and Gas Materials Engineering Jobs Near Me
Most of the jobs are with companies in the major subsea oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK, Houston, USA and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many materials jobs in Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil. To find “materials engineering jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
- Materials Specialist Jobs
- Material Procurement Jobs
- Material Control Jobs
- Materials Coordinator Jobs
- Hazardous Materials Jobs
- Drilling Materials Jobs
- Mud Jobs
- Material Inspection Jobs
- Materials Procurement Jobs
- Motorman Jobs
Top 10 Materials Engineering Jobs
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- Business Manager-Subsea Thermal Insulation Jobs in Houston, USAManage FMC Subseas global ambition to develop and implement new business initiatives in the area of thermal insulation for subsea production systems and expand into flowlines, pipelines and risers market Develop business plan for subsea thermal insulation business and establish action plans for sales and marketing, sourcing and manufacturing of materials, application service, project execution ...
- Senior Project Designer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandBaker Oil Tools currently has an opening for PROJECT DESIGNER Senior RESPONSIBILITIES: • Plan and conduct research, designs, develops and executes engineering projects • Reviews progress and analyses results • Responsible for technical discussions, first installs, resolving single product issues • Provide technical guidance to team members • Produce and check all drawing types including design and 3D layouts • Assist in ...
- Project Planner Jobs in Luanda, AngolaWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to ...
- Construction Superintendent Jobs in Offshore, AngolaReview of preparatory works and job cards post-Engineering and Design phase, including planning and sequencing of work Monitoring prefabrication activities in yard Participating in preparation of procedures relative to lifts Defining consumables, tools, and equipment requirements Handling requisitions and proposals from suppliers Defining personnel requirements for construction teams Supervision of mobilisation of personnel and Hook-Up Spread Leading construction activities offshore Assisting the Pre-commissioning ...
- Summer Internships – Engineering division Jobs in Oslo, NorwayThe Engineering Division is globally responsible for project execution in all phases of projects, from Front End studies to Detail design, Fabrication support and Commissioning. The division consists of departments in Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo. The engineering disciplines are as follows: · Process · ...
- Installation Manager Jobs in Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaInstallation Manager manages the installation process across a number of Oil & Gas projects in the S E Asia region. Essential Responsibilities Control the flow of materials to be delivered at site in order to fulfill the site activities schedule; Prepare, compile and submit to SML for approval the specification necessary for construction contract execution Apply, manage, and supervise ...
- Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Montrose, ScotlandAn Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements. They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design. - Interpret customer specifications ...
- Offshore Materialsman Jobs in Offshore, MalaysiaWe are currently looking for a high calibre experienced Offshore Materialsman to join our Tender Assist Barge in Malaysia. KCA DEUTAG is one of the largest drilling contractors outside the Americas. We are responsible for managing more than 100 drilling rig operations, both onshore and offshore, in more than 20 countries and are a world leader ...
- Raw Materials Buyer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe main duties and responsibilities are as follows: •Review actioning of Purchase Requisitions/Service activities in line with requirements detailed on the Production Schedules •Preparing invitations to tender for suppliers in accordance with ASL, supplying tender documents, specifications, drawings etc to acilitate formal quotation by the Supplier •Receiving and evaluating formal Supplier quotations to establish the preferred supplier •Negotiating purchase ...
- ROV Project Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding an efficient service to all our clients and ensuring adherence to the company’s HSEQ standards. * Maintaining regular contact and good working relationships with the clients, operating staff and third parties who contribute to the successful operation and timely completion of your assigned projects. * Providing support to ...