Quick Guide: How to Get Structural Engineer Jobs in Subsea Oil and Gas Now!
Structural Engineer Jobs Description
The construction or structural engineer jobs within subsea oil and gas engineering, design analysis, investigates, plans and implements oil and gas construction projects. Often the civil engineer is the manager of a fabrication and construction site.
In a structural engineering job, you plan and design new steel frames and structures. Civil engineers are also working to ensure sustainable and “green” solutions in the oil industry of the future.
The civil engineer often studies and plans in collaboration with others, such as architects and builders. The structural engineer has in-depth knowledge of, for example, constructions and materials such as wood, steel and concrete – materials that are often used in the construction of oil and gas structures. The construction engineer works with practical tasks and technical solutions with regard to construction, health, environment and safety.
Entry Level Opportunities with No Experience
As a graduate structural engineer, you normally start with design and analysis in of subsea oil and gas constructions. In the subsea business, experienced engineers often end up in management positions, such as Engineering Manager or Managing Director of oil service companies.
Structural Engineer Jobs Salary
The structural engineering jobs salary depends on which position and which company you are employed in, but a starting salary of $40k – $50k a year are normal. As you gather more and more experience as an engineer and with higher ranking management positions, the salary should increase significantly.
Top Oil and Gas Job Careers Paths for Engineer Graduates
As a structural engineer, you must be interested in science and technical solutions. You must be able to take responsibility for large and small projects, and you must be able to collaborate with other professional groups on the implementation of the subsea oil and gas projects.
The following companies may be hiring now:
- D.F. Barnes Limited
- C-Fer Technologies
- Willbros Group Inc
- Oil States Special Products
- Bouygues Offshore
- Global Maritime AS
- Whittaker Engineering
- Rothe Erde GMBH
- GVA Consultants
Oil and Gas Structural Engineer Jobs Near Me
To find “structural engineering jobs near me” you can use the search field at the right side on this web site and enter your country, town, city or part of the world you want to work in and the search engine results gives you companies hiring.
Most of the jobs are with companies in the major oil and gas hot spots such as Stavanger, Norway, Aberdeen, Scotland, London, UK, Houston, USA and Perth, Australia. If you like to travel there are also many structural engineer jobs in Chicago, Singapore, Luanda, Angola, Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Rio, Brazil.
List of Top 10 Job Descriptions
Below are the full list of job descriptions that are related to the subsea oil and gas category. Click the link to find all jobs and available positions under each job description:
Top 10 Structural Engineer Jobs
Below are the top 10 oil and gas jobs list in the subsea oil and gas jobs and careers database:
- Senior Structural Engineer Jobs in Miri, MalaysiaResponsibilities : * Improvement of offshore and onshore structures performance through maintenance analysis and reliability/improvement loop * Responsible for planning structural inspection * Providing maintenance input into Asset Integrity and structural engineering support for onshore and offshore structures * Act as contract holder for a number of hoisting and structural engineering related contracts * Actively participate in audits and reviews We ...
- Offshore Installation Manager – Captain Jobs in Offshore, USACandidates interested in working in the Gulf of Mexico encouraged to apply. Employee special responsibility and duties: 1) The Captain is appointed by Seadrill and acts as the company’s representative in matters pertaining to the safety of the ship, crew and cargo. 2) Is the highest authority onboard and is responsible for the drilling vessel’s navigation, stability ...
- Naval Architect Jobs in London, UKYou’ll have experience of working with oil tankers, gas carriers and floating production or storage vessels. Fluent spoken and written English is essential, and you should have excellent presentation and Microsoft Office skills. We’ll also expect you to have knowledge of: * Marine engineering, covering basic propulsion systems, cargo transfer systems and outfit equipment * Marine ...
- Riser & Flowline Systems Engineer Jobs in Houston, USAThe Riser and Flowline Systems Engineer will be responsible to provide engineering support for the long-term integrity management of risers and flowlines for deepwater floating production systems in the Gulf of Mexico. Primary focus areas are mechanical and structural integrity, corrosion and erosion, hazard evaluation, management of change, emergency response, system performance monitoring, maintaining regulatory ...
- Diver Jobs in Sulphur, USA(1) Descends into water with the aid of a tender, communicates with surface by signal line or telephone. (2) Inspects docks and bottoms of propellers on ships. (3) Repair vessels below water line, replacing missing or leaking rivets with bolts. (4) Caulks leaks in ships or caissons. (5) Guides placement of pilings for structures such ...
- Tank Inspection Engineering Technician Jobs in Sunbury, UKClient’s FPSO includes a number of tanks within its hull space. These tanks are to be inspected in support of the vessel’s tank structural inspection strategy. This strategy is based on a rolling program of continuous assessment. An engineer is required to develop a detailed inspection scope for each of the FPSO’s 59 hull tanks ...
- Assistant Platform Manager Jobs in Mumbai, IndiaYou will be required to plan and allocate resources for day to day activities of maintenance and process and ensure effective use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for maintenance planning, daily meetings and equipment availability. The Assistant Manager will comply with HSSE policy and procedures of the organisation and ensure compliance by staff on site. ...
- Senior Engineers – Drilling Technology and Well Integrity Jobs in Oslo, NorwayTwo positions are offered for experienced engineers within Well Integrity, Drilling and Well Technology. The positions will include several work tasks (dependent on qualifications) and will be part of a team offering the following to our clients: - Well Integrity Management - Qualification of new drilling- and well technology - Risk and reliability assessment of well and ...
- Summer Internships – Engineering division Jobs in Oslo, NorwayThe Engineering Division is globally responsible for project execution in all phases of projects, from Front End studies to Detail design, Fabrication support and Commissioning. The division consists of departments in Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo. The engineering disciplines are as follows: · Process · ...
- Structural Analysis Engineer Jobs in Kongsberg, NorwayMain tasks: * Perform global analysis on workover riser systems. Dynamic analysis of workover risers, marine risers, pipe in pipe systems, this includes FMC systems and rig systems. * Fatigue assessment on now systems, connectors, components and pipe systems, in or outside of a marine riser. ...