Some of the oil companies are located in Oslo, which is Norway’s capital and largest city, and also one of the oldest cities in the country. Oslo is also a municipality and a county and is located in the heart of the Oslo Fjord, with the city center in the heart of the two bays Pipervika and Bjørvika.
The city center also includes the area between these bays and the adjacent area just north. The town of Oslo (which also includes areas in the adjacent municipalities), has from 2018 more than one million inhabitants.
Oil Companies in Oslo, Norway
The subsea oil and gas companies in Norway are involved in all stages of the petroleum industry worldwide, but of course mostly in the North Sea. They search for, explore and produce petroleum, they transport, refine and market petroleum and petroleum products. They are therefore called integrated oil companies. So, who is the top companies in the Norwegian town?
Top 5 Oil and Gas Companies in Oslo
The following list gives the top 5 companies:
- Aker BP
- Vår Energi
More companies in Northern Europe
Top 20 List of Oil and Gas Businesses in Norway
Below is the list of top 20 oil and gas companies and firms that are related to greater Akershus area. Click the links to find company profile, jobs and contact details for each company. Also, use the search buttons as there are many more in the company database:
List of Oil and Gas Companies in Oslo, Norway
- Petrolia Drilling ASAowns and charters drilling vessels for offshore, deepwater oil and gas exploration and development drilling
Ceconindependent Subsea Installation Contractor
- DOF SubseaDof subsea, delivering subsea alternatives to the offshore energy industry. The company became set up in may additionally 2005 as figure, dof asa obtained geo organization as and its subsidiary geoconsult as. Originally indexed on the oslo inventory exchange as geo asa the organisation turned ...
- eSubseaeSubsea is a small niche agency based in the Oslo vicinity of Norway that specialise in subsea consultancy, engineering and design and in particular structural, piping and finite factor analysis. Lifting analysis, verification and layout of offshore and subsea lifting appliances can be achieved according ...
- Tamrotor Marine Compressorsscrew compressors, dryers and filters for any demand of compressed air, including oil-free air
- STX Europe ASAcruise vessels & ferries, merchant vessels, offshore & specialized vessels
- Fred. Olsen Energya leading provider drilling and well services
- Acona Groupan international consulting group focused on understanding risk and improving performance
- Trelleborg Viking ASanti-corrosion, fire and thermal protection, together with moulded products for cars and cooling hoses for engines
- Norsk Hydroan industrial company based on the use of oil, natural gas, LNG resources
- DNOdevelopment of smaller petroleum fields
- Bergesen Worldwide Offshore ASdependable FPSO pioneer, providing versatile solutions driven by customer needs
- Stahl-Syberg ASEX equipment. Light fittings, centralised emergency light systems, distribution boards, junction boxes, switchgear, remote I/O, fieldbus solutions
- DSND Subseais a leading underwater fabrication and construction offshore subsea contractor
- Rocksource ASAoil and gas exploration services
- Siemens Oil & Gassolutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power and for the extraction, conversion and transport of oil and ga
- Hydroscand AShoses and connectors within both hydraulics and industry.
- Aker Marine Contractorsfloater and mooring installations, gravity structure installations, removal and Surf. Target areas: Europe, GoM and west Africa.
- Axflow A/Sleading engineering houses for field instrumentation, pump assemblies, EX heaters and meteorological equipment
- StatoilHydroone of the world’s largest net sellers of crude oil. operator of fields, exploration
Companies in Norway
- Mechanica ASdevelopes and fabricates specially designed equipment for subsea and offshore applications
- Hydro Maskin ASsales and service for high pressure pumps and related equipment up to 3 000 bar.
- Sevan Marinespecializing in building, owning and operating floating units for offshore applications
- DnV – Det Norske Veritasinspection and testing, verification and classification services
- ODIM Brooke OceanDIM BROOKE OCEAN, an ODIM company, provides hardware, systems engineering and R&D services to the marine science, naval and oil & gas sectors. Our specialty ...
- Leirvik Module Technology ASEPC Contractors for major offshore modules
- Hamworthy Pump Ssystems ASSpecialises in cargo and ballast pumping systems, both electric deepwell and conventional pump room systems,
- Norwegian Valve Technology A/S ( NVT )specializing in Valves and Actuators related to the On & Offshore Industry worldwide
- VTT Offshore ASoperating in the fields of marine engineering, planning, supervision and follow up of marine operations
- Gann Mekaniske ASone of the leading companies within solids control/ mud treatment systems