With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity.
Due to the growth and expansion of our business, we are looking for talented people who want to make a difference
This position is global in nature. Working with Global Supply Chain, Subsea ITO, and EPC Project Directors; assists with establishment of global fabrication strategy. Consistent with the strategy and EPC project requirements, works with Sourcing to establish/qualify fabricators, resources our fabrication teams, and ensures the continuity & performance of these teams throughout the construction process. All site fabrication managers will report directly to this individual as well as indirectly.
• Working with Global Sourcing & Manufacturing, determine general global requirements and strategy for 3rd party fabricators or captive fabrication outside of DPS Manufacturing oversite.
• Assist EPC project directors and ITO tender managers in preparing proposal & project specific fabrication strategies.
• Member of DPS Subsea Projects Leadership team.
• Work with Global Sourcing Subcontractor team to identify & qualify 3rd party fabricators.
• Work with EPC Project Directors to understand contractual obligations for fabrication (localization requirements, skill requirements for our staff, etc.). • Hire local site fabrication managers and other site fabrication team members as appropriate.
• In absence of or in advance of hiring site fabrication managers, initiate and coordinate contract specific fabricator qualification efforts (passing along welding specs, construction practices specs, EHS requirements, etc and starting fabricator efforts to perform required qualifications).
• Provide functional leadership and evaluate performance for site fabrication managers/supervision.
• Develop, deploy, and manage standard performance metrics for fabrication operations.
• Standardize practices, processes, and operating mechanisms for all fabrication operations.
• Fabrication Site Mobilization & Construction Management Plans
• Monitoring of Site Mobilization
• Construction Management & reporting
• Kick-off Meetings content and templates
• Deploying & managing EHS programs at fabricators & their subcontractors
• Methods for communicating project quality & EHS policies
• Coordination with EPC project, sourcing, and technical functions
• Communication & adherence to contract & customer specific requirements
• Reporting to EPC team on schedule, progress, KPIs, daily/weekly/ monthly reports inputs
• FAT/SIT planning & site preparation
• Field Materials Management & Warehousing Plans/Controls
• Goods Receiving Inspection & damage Reporting
• Work Site Security Plans
• MEL execution
• GRR process execution
• Implementation of Schedule Development and Control Plan (SDCP)
• Required documentation verification timely & complete
• Implementation across all sites of “lessons learned” from completed projects.
• Serve as first point of escalation above local fabrication site leadership for resolution of fabricator execution/performance issues.
• Solid track record of successful delivery of major projects including significant subcontracted and fabricated content.
• Excellent leadership skills – build global fabrication function into a dedicated and enthusiastic unit.
• Experience managing team, project, or program where resources are located across multiple global locations.
• Proven interpersonal, relationship building, and cultural sensitivity/flexibility skills.
• Solid knowledge of Oil & Gas industry, upstream equipment, subsea production equipment
• Sound network of fabrication industry and fabrication resources contacts
• Well connected to project management teams within DP&S and GE businesses with major projects scope
• Experience/training from one of the global Oil & Gas industry construction firms (McDermott, Bechtel, KBR…)
• Clear Thinker
We look forward to hearing from you! GE Oil & Gas
An equal opportunity employer.
We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as Subsea Projects – Global Construction & Fabrication Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe vacant at Baker Hughes Scotland. The job opening is in the Management and Construction department at Baker Hughes Europe where you will be an important team member. This position is global in nature. Working with Global Supply Chain, Subsea ITO, and EPC Project Directors; assists with establishment of global fabrication strategy
The job position and advert may be expired. Please contact Baker Hughes, for information on other jobs, salary, careers and vacancies.
Subsea Projects – Global Construction & Fabrication Manager Jobs
- Fabrication Site Engineering Manager Jobs in Luanda, AngolaWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to ...
- Subsea Projects – Global Construction & Fabrication Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to the ...
Baker Hughes Jobs
- Manufacturing Quality Leader Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsible for coordinating and leading Manufacturing Quality function for 4 plants in the UK. *Drive & execute a true Quality system into the Organization that encourages Defect Reduction and a drive to Continually Improve the documented process. *Sets Quality objectives for the sites & ensures consistent policy. *Ensures compliance with, ISO 9001:2000, API, DNV & other regulatory bodies ...
- Drilling Applications Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProvide Well-Planning, Drilling Engineering (Torque & Drag, Hydraulics, BHA Design) & Applications Engineering support during the planning, implementation and follow-up stage for projects across the Africa region · Conduct / participate in Drilling Applications Engineering & Optimisation studies · Actively participate in all Baker Hughes knowledge management initiatives · Contribute towards raising Applications Engineering awareness and competency ...
- Engineering Technician Jobs in Muscat, OmanSupervise and oversee install/pull (complex) ESP Systems, and associated equipment in OFFSHORE and onshore locations. Lead a team, attend pre job planning meetings, prepare for and supervise the technical service. Act as on site Centrilift representative for communication with customers and account managers. Complete all job documentation. Conduct a worksite review and debrief the internal ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Scotland
- Tech Support Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsibility includes support of critical operations, high level technical Product-line specific support; facilitation of effective BEACON Center use, knowledge and experience transfer throughout the region and support for Geomarket initiatives to develop local talent and competency. Education, Experience Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Relevant oilfield experience. We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Solidworks Enterprise PDM Administrator Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding support to Design & Engineering staff. - Ongoing development & tuning of PDM to increase functionality. - Assisting & training PDM users. - Working with IT & other PDM support personnel to support integration. - Modelling of parts for inclusion to standard libraries. - Ongoing support of admin dept providing PDM vault housekeeping. - Co-ordination of PDM maintenance activities to ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Aberdeen
- Draughtsperson Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandPerform draughting work as allocated Project Engineers / Project Directors. Be familiar with relevant codes and standard used in the draughting work carried out. Liaise directly with Project Engineers on installation drawings and sketches. Comply with all quality system requirements regarding production, registering, revision and filing of drawings. Identify standard details which are suitable for inclusion in the CAD ...
- Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe O&G Business Development Manager reports to the Commercial Director of the Industry Division and will have leading business development activities for the Oil & Gas Market all over the UK with a particular focus on the Aberdeen based companies. The successful candidate will have a proven record of business development success within the Oil & ...
- Electronics Technician Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAs an Electronics Technician your duties will consist of, but are not limited to: -Carry out testing and repair work on ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) equipment and assemble and install new build systems. - Test and repair all ROV ancillary equipment as directed by ROV Systems Manager. - Assemble and install new build ROV control systems. - Provide technical ...
Subsea Projects – Global Construction & Fabrication Manager Related Positions
- Contract Coordinator Jobs
- Area Construction Manager Jobs
- Estimator Jobs
- Forecasting Jobs
- Bid Manager Jobs
- Materials Specialist Jobs
- Category Management Jobs
- Commissioning Process Jobs
- Contracts Manager Jobs
- Category Analyst Jobs
- Earned Value Jobs
- Instrumentation Commissioning Jobs
- Construction Quality Control Manager Jobs
- Civil Construction Manager Jobs
- Project Controls Manager Jobs
- Project Planner Jobs
- Material Procurement Jobs
- Commercial Contract Jobs
- Project Management Consultant Jobs
- Industrial Construction Jobs