With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented professionals in bringing the power of imagination to the world of energy, apply now to attend our Invitational Career Fair.
Invitational Career Fair,
20th March, 2010 in Aberdeen
Apply today to qualify!
The position holds responsibility for Subsea Systems Engineering in support of New Technology and New Product Introductions (NTI & NPI), specifically connectors, valves, & actuators. The ATO Systems Engineer will be expected to work on one or more projects concurrently, as required by the ATO Section Manager.
• Continuously interacts with client technology and asset personnel to assimilate a view on industry direction in nearer and longer term.
• Develops and benchmarks system level ideas and IP to strategically position business
• Formulates strategy for NTI and NPI with Subsea Systems Marketing Platform
• Demonstrate creativity, be open minded, and customer focused, within a systemic thinking context, and grounded in practical business realities
• Manage complex technical projects in a cost effective & timely manner, requiring to;-Provide upper management with project status reports.- Organize and motivate project team(s) and be adaptive to maximize performance of team members- Assess abilities and limitations of team members and direct work accordingly.
• Determine CTQ (Critical to Quality) attributes for potential system solutions and products to be developed.
– Provide a balanced view of risks (in terms of technical, commercial implementation, development costs, and development schedule) for specific projects undertaken and agreed with the business platforms.
– Routinely engage in end-user Customer interaction, and with industry experts, research and operational personnel.
– Provide training, and formal presentation of system and products to clients, management and peer.
– Support the Supply Chain department in technical liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that R&D engineering solutions meet the abilities and recommendations of the chosen supplier(s).
– Ensure that common best practices, methods and approaches are used (in accordance with company procedures) to ensure that maximum levels of safety and quality are maintained.
– Attend R&D project related design review meetings, convened by the R&D engineer(s), and ensure that all System & Interface Issues are addressed.
– Technical leadership on NPI programs for subsea connectors, valves, & actuators.
• The successful candidate shall have an engineering background in at least one of the major engineering disciplines (i.e. Drilling, Production, Structural, Electrical, and/or Mechanical). However, the ability to understand fundamental concepts associated with all engineering disciplines is essential in order to lead a team of engineers.
• The successful candidate shall have experience in a position of responsibility (e.g. managing a department, leading a team or technical responsibility for a product or project).
• Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written English).
• Must be able to effectively interact with customers, including both listening and making formal presentations.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking, be able to work to agreed schedules and be self motivated to achieve these schedules.
• Must have a good level of commercial awareness.
• Must have experience in the Oil and Gas industry, and a deep knowledge of subsea connectors, valves, & actuators is highly desirable.
• Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a global team.
• The person must be willing to broaden their knowledge across a number of products and share this knowledge with others.
• Confident, self starter who has a disciplined approach and initiative. • The person must also have the ability to lead and control a group of engineers whilst undertaking a significant workload.
To apply, please visit www.gecareerfair.com/SS, select job title and click on it to be directed to position details and application to complete for an invitation to our Career Fair. For more information about GE Oil & Gas, please visit www.geoilandgas.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
An equal opportunity employer.
We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as Senior Systems Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe vacant at Baker Hughes Scotland. The job opening is in the Engineering and System department at Baker Hughes Europe where you will be an important team member. The position holds responsibility for Subsea Systems Engineering in support of New Technology and New Product Introductions (NTI & NPI), specifically connectors, valves, & actuators
The job position and advert may be expired. Please contact Baker Hughes, for information on other jobs, salary, careers and vacancies.
Senior Systems Engineer Jobs
- Senior Inspection Engineer Jobs in Baku, AzerbaijanAs Senior Inspection Engineer your duties will include: - Be responsible for the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to allocated offshore platforms or landsites/pipelines to ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and offshore or onshore legislation as applicable, ensuring feedback of ...
- Connection Engineer Jobs in Sandvika, NorwayThe Senior Connection Engineer will contribute to the MCS Connection team focused on solving mechanical challenges for the product line extension and development of the next generation connection systems. This role will be responsible for analyses and mechanical design to develop design solutions for discipline and cross- disciplinary engineering problems. Essential Responsibilities * Recommend approaches and improvements ...
- Senior Engineer Jobs in Perth, AustraliaWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to ...
Baker Hughes Jobs
- Manufacturing Quality Leader Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsible for coordinating and leading Manufacturing Quality function for 4 plants in the UK. *Drive & execute a true Quality system into the Organization that encourages Defect Reduction and a drive to Continually Improve the documented process. *Sets Quality objectives for the sites & ensures consistent policy. *Ensures compliance with, ISO 9001:2000, API, DNV & other regulatory bodies ...
- Drilling Applications Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProvide Well-Planning, Drilling Engineering (Torque & Drag, Hydraulics, BHA Design) & Applications Engineering support during the planning, implementation and follow-up stage for projects across the Africa region · Conduct / participate in Drilling Applications Engineering & Optimisation studies · Actively participate in all Baker Hughes knowledge management initiatives · Contribute towards raising Applications Engineering awareness and competency ...
- Engineering Technician Jobs in Muscat, OmanSupervise and oversee install/pull (complex) ESP Systems, and associated equipment in OFFSHORE and onshore locations. Lead a team, attend pre job planning meetings, prepare for and supervise the technical service. Act as on site Centrilift representative for communication with customers and account managers. Complete all job documentation. Conduct a worksite review and debrief the internal ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Scotland
- Tech Support Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsibility includes support of critical operations, high level technical Product-line specific support; facilitation of effective BEACON Center use, knowledge and experience transfer throughout the region and support for Geomarket initiatives to develop local talent and competency. Education, Experience Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Relevant oilfield experience. We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Solidworks Enterprise PDM Administrator Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding support to Design & Engineering staff. - Ongoing development & tuning of PDM to increase functionality. - Assisting & training PDM users. - Working with IT & other PDM support personnel to support integration. - Modelling of parts for inclusion to standard libraries. - Ongoing support of admin dept providing PDM vault housekeeping. - Co-ordination of PDM maintenance activities to ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Aberdeen
- Draughtsperson Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandPerform draughting work as allocated Project Engineers / Project Directors. Be familiar with relevant codes and standard used in the draughting work carried out. Liaise directly with Project Engineers on installation drawings and sketches. Comply with all quality system requirements regarding production, registering, revision and filing of drawings. Identify standard details which are suitable for inclusion in the CAD ...
- Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe O&G Business Development Manager reports to the Commercial Director of the Industry Division and will have leading business development activities for the Oil & Gas Market all over the UK with a particular focus on the Aberdeen based companies. The successful candidate will have a proven record of business development success within the Oil & ...
- Electronics Technician Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAs an Electronics Technician your duties will consist of, but are not limited to: -Carry out testing and repair work on ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) equipment and assemble and install new build systems. - Test and repair all ROV ancillary equipment as directed by ROV Systems Manager. - Assemble and install new build ROV control systems. - Provide technical ...
Senior Systems Engineer Related Positions
- Systems Engineer Jobs
- Piping System Jobs
- Process Control System Jobs
- Control Systems Software Jobs
- Control System Technician Jobs
- Network System Jobs
- IT System Jobs
- Instrumentation Control System Jobs
- Information System Administration Jobs
- Control System Specialist Jobs
- System Administration Jobs
- Fire Alarm System Jobs
- Systems Integration Engineer Jobs
- Access Control System Jobs
- Business Systems Analyst Jobs
- Fire Fighting System Jobs
- Systems Analyst Jobs
- Control System Engineer Jobs
- System Analyst Jobs
- Drilling System Engineer Jobs