Frontier Drilling AS in short: an independent supplier of drilling and production services for the oil industry
Frontier Drilling, domiciled in Norway with administrative offices in Houston, Texas, is an independent supplier of drilling and production services for the oil industry, which focuses on the operation and management of conventional drillships, semi-submersibles and floating production, storage, offloading (FPSO) vessels. Frontier Drilling seeks to compete in market segments such as the Arctic that are not dominated by larger competitors and where its assets offer customers cost savings and a competitive advantage. The Company maintains local subsidiaries in the areas where it operates. Frontier Drilling Asia Pte (Ltd) is the Company’s subsidiary based in Singapore responsible for drilling operations in Southeast Asia which is considered the primary market for the Frontier Duchess. Frontier Drilling do Brasil Ltda is the Company’s subsidiary based in Vitoria, Brazil responsible for the operation of the Company’s Dynamically Postioned, FPS0, the Seillean. The Group’s subsidiaries and associate companies had a total workforce of approximately 668 employees including hired personnel as of December 31, 2006. Shell EP Offshore Ventures Limited and Frontier Drillships Ltd., a subsidiary of Frontier Drilling, have signed a deepwater/arctic drillship Joint Venture agreement. Under the agreement, Shell and Frontier will build and rollout a new drillship concept, known as the ‘Bully’ rig. The ‘Bully’ rig design effectively sets a new standard and offers a flexible, smaller but highly capable, vessel suited for deepwater and arctic drilling, while reducing the construction and operational costs compared to current new-build drilling rigs of similar capability. The Shell/Frontier Joint Venture expects to deliver the first ‘Bully’ rig to the Gulf of Mexico in late 2009 and it will be operated by Frontier on behalf of the Joint Venture under a separate management services contract. The Joint Venture expects to build and own several of these vessels.
Visit our web site for vacancies, jobs and Frontier Drilling AS careers!
We are located in Bergen, NORWAY, Europe(North)
Frontier Drilling AS Products
Frontier Drilling AS Vacancies
- Senior Subsea Specialist Jobs in Offshore, USA The Senior Subsea Specialist reviews and approves configuration layouts, plans and supervises the installation and testing of subsea BOP and related equipment.
- Chief Mechanic Jobs in Offshore, USA The Chief Mechanic oversees all mechanical system’s maintenance; ensuring rig equipment is maintained to the highest level of operational standards.
- Driller Jobs in Offshore, USA The Driller is in charge of rig floor operations, controls the drilling process, and is responsible for the downhole condition of the well.
Top Oil and Gas Jobs in NORWAY
- Project Procurement Manager Jobs in Oslo, Norway We have an open position as: Commodity Team Leader / Project Procurement Manager
- Communications Manager Norway & Nordics Cluster Jobs in Stavanger, Norway We’re currently looking to recruit a Communications Manager to join us in Stavanger and look after the Nordics Cluster, comprising Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
- Project Engineer Jobs in Tranby, Norway Control and monitoring of subsea equipment is critical and essential. You will work in close co-operation with our team of control engineers located at Forebu, ...
Top Oil and Gas Jobs in Bergen
- Project Manager Offshore Operations Jobs in Bergen, Norway Keep updated forecasts and plans for own projects in collaboration with BD/planning department.
- Senior Business Manager Jobs in Bergen, Norway Cost control, invoicing and estimating
- Engineer/Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Bergen, Norway technical responsible of mecahnical equipment in our project
Top Frontier Drilling AS Job Positions