With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity.
Due to the growth and expansion of our business, we are looking for talented people who want to make a difference.
The Product Structuring Lead – Controls is a key role within the subsea product platform. This role has been created to create and implement an optimal solution for product structuring, and provide the focused vision & leadership required to develop GE Oil & Gas within the subsea arena.
• Responsible for reviewing implementation of a product configuration tool
• Help define and implement a product configuration tool that will help the ITO team bid product and drive auto generation of Bills of material and engineering documentation in engineering and through into sourcing.
• Implement process for configuration control and run the configuration control board
• Project manage the implementation of the product configuration tool
• Manage the verification and capture of the key design rules that drive the decision making process in engineering and the sales process.
• Responsible for driving reduction in variation :
• Working with Product management and engineering drive a reduction in the number of discrete option we promote for each product option
• Work the cost / efficiency model to optimize configurable options
• Ensure options selection maintains and enhance our market competitiveness. • Responsible for driving modularization.
• Where we have options then the product needs be modular in fit form and function to ensure interchangeability
• Review and rationalize customer specification to the optimum economical solution.
• Review and implement best demonstrated practice.
• Set goals and targets.
• Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Ensure this system is maintained to latest product standards and implement new product in to the configuration tool as they become available.
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
• Robust knowledge of Configuration tool and product structuring
• Demonstrable business experience in Industrial organisations and/or Manufacturing.
• Engineering backgrounds and also experience of product standard and configuration software
• Excellent presentation and written skills are required, to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior staff, customers and contractors.
• Project management skills to ensure the product structuring tasks are delivered on time and to budget and also management skills to hold the regular configuration control board meeting
• Demonstrable readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action, but knows when to either delegate up or down. Results will be measured against key platform metrics.
• Demonstrable team working abilities and should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams, including staff reporting directly. Provide leadership and manage interfaces as required to deliver objectives. Clear and considered communication with the functional organization is key.
• Ability to maintain customer focus on both internal and external customers is required. Good customer relationships are to be maintained to enable good feedback and input into product strategy and future developments. Close working relationship with the engineering, ITO and sourcing groups are required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt trained
An equal opportunity employer.
We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as Product Structuring Lead – Controls in Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe vacant at Baker Hughes Scotland. The job opening is in the Engineering and Controls department at Baker Hughes Europe where you will be an important team member. The Product Structuring Lead – Controls is a key role within the subsea product platform. This role has been created to create and implement an optimal solution for product structuring
The job position and advert may be expired. Please contact Baker Hughes, for information on other jobs, salary, careers and vacancies.
Product Structuring Lead – Controls Jobs
- Product Structuring Lead – Controls Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to the ...
Baker Hughes Jobs
- Manufacturing Quality Leader Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsible for coordinating and leading Manufacturing Quality function for 4 plants in the UK. *Drive & execute a true Quality system into the Organization that encourages Defect Reduction and a drive to Continually Improve the documented process. *Sets Quality objectives for the sites & ensures consistent policy. *Ensures compliance with, ISO 9001:2000, API, DNV & other regulatory bodies ...
- Drilling Applications Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProvide Well-Planning, Drilling Engineering (Torque & Drag, Hydraulics, BHA Design) & Applications Engineering support during the planning, implementation and follow-up stage for projects across the Africa region · Conduct / participate in Drilling Applications Engineering & Optimisation studies · Actively participate in all Baker Hughes knowledge management initiatives · Contribute towards raising Applications Engineering awareness and competency ...
- Engineering Technician Jobs in Muscat, OmanSupervise and oversee install/pull (complex) ESP Systems, and associated equipment in OFFSHORE and onshore locations. Lead a team, attend pre job planning meetings, prepare for and supervise the technical service. Act as on site Centrilift representative for communication with customers and account managers. Complete all job documentation. Conduct a worksite review and debrief the internal ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Scotland
- Tech Support Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsibility includes support of critical operations, high level technical Product-line specific support; facilitation of effective BEACON Center use, knowledge and experience transfer throughout the region and support for Geomarket initiatives to develop local talent and competency. Education, Experience Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Relevant oilfield experience.We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Solidworks Enterprise PDM Administrator Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding support to Design & Engineering staff. - Ongoing development & tuning of PDM to increase functionality. - Assisting & training PDM users. - Working with IT & other PDM support personnel to support integration. - Modelling of parts for inclusion to standard libraries. - Ongoing support of admin dept providing PDM vault housekeeping. - Co-ordination of PDM maintenance activities to ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Aberdeen
- Draughtsperson Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandPerform draughting work as allocated Project Engineers / Project Directors. Be familiar with relevant codes and standard used in the draughting work carried out. Liaise directly with Project Engineers on installation drawings and sketches. Comply with all quality system requirements regarding production, registering, revision and filing of drawings. Identify standard details which are suitable for inclusion in the CAD ...
- Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe O&G Business Development Manager reports to the Commercial Director of the Industry Division and will have leading business development activities for the Oil & Gas Market all over the UK with a particular focus on the Aberdeen based companies. The successful candidate will have a proven record of business development success within the Oil & ...
- Electronics Technician Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAs an Electronics Technician your duties will consist of, but are not limited to: -Carry out testing and repair work on ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) equipment and assemble and install new build systems. - Test and repair all ROV ancillary equipment as directed by ROV Systems Manager. - Assemble and install new build ROV control systems. - Provide technical ...
Product Structuring Lead – Controls Related Positions