With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented professionals in bringing the power of imagination to the world of energy, apply now to attend our Invitational Career Fair.
Invitational Career Fair,
20th March, 2010 in Aberdeen
Apply today to qualify!
Role Summary/Purpose: The Lead Engineer/Technologist position is a competent design engineer capable of undertaking design verification and approval of design activities by others meeting competence standards for this position as defined internally (TOPPS) or the equivalent standards of a professionally registered engineer in the European Community and/or United States.
• Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment.
• Has the experience or expertise to solve problems.
• Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
• This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project. • Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Interpret customer specifications to produce design specifications.
• Undertake contract/sales order reviews to identify commercial and technical risks.
• Develop conceptual design requirements for customer.
• Gain customer approval of design specifications.
• Identify and ensure equipment is designed in accordance with the current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
• Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
• Communicate design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
• Undertake design reviews including materials and environmental reviews.
• Review with supply management the material requirements for a design/project. Ensure these are well defined.
• Prepare preliminary materials lists based upon the above, ensure released into the Product Information Management System (PIMS)
• Approve Bill of Materials (BOM) in PIMS.
• Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, design reviews, calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP). Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
• Prepare Factory Acceptance (FAT) procedures, Prototype Test Procedures and document results (PVT).
• Check and Approve drawings and calculations undertaken by others in support of design.
• Ensure all engineering activities and documents are correctly archived in PIMS. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Liase with manufacturing to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture. Provide manufacturing support as required. • Provide field support as required.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or extensive experience in lieu.
• A seasoned engineer with significant postgraduate industrial experience working in a heavy mechanical engineering or in a relevant technical discipline e.g. analysis.
• Familiar with Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements for this industry.
• Has established the requirements for professional registration either in Europe or United States.
• Has established Pro E skills.
• Fully proficient with Technical Operating Policies and Procedures (TOPPS) • Knowledge of materials, including welding and heat treatment of metals and elastomers.
• Familiar with relevant industry standards and codes for area of work. For 2 openings, strong internal candidate identified but qualified candidates still encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit www.gecareerfair.com/SS, select job title and click on it to be directed to position details and application to complete for an invitation to our Career Fair. For more information about GE Oil & Gas, please visit www.geoilandgas.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
An equal opportunity employer.
We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as Lead Engineer/Technologist in Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe vacant at Baker Hughes Scotland. The job opening is in the Engineering and Mechanical department at Baker Hughes Europe where you will be an important team member. The Lead Engineer/Technologist position is a competent design engineer capable of undertaking design verification and approval of design activities by others
The job position and advert may be expired. Please contact Baker Hughes, for information on other jobs, salary, careers and vacancies.
Lead Engineer/Technologist Jobs
- Lead Engineer/Technologist – Land Jobs in Singapore, SingaporeWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity. Due to ...
- Lead Engineer/Technologist Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented ...
- Staff Engineer/Technologist Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandWe’re ready With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry. All we need is you. GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented ...
Baker Hughes Jobs
- Manufacturing Quality Leader Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsible for coordinating and leading Manufacturing Quality function for 4 plants in the UK. *Drive & execute a true Quality system into the Organization that encourages Defect Reduction and a drive to Continually Improve the documented process. *Sets Quality objectives for the sites & ensures consistent policy. *Ensures compliance with, ISO 9001:2000, API, DNV & other regulatory bodies ...
- Drilling Applications Engineer Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProvide Well-Planning, Drilling Engineering (Torque & Drag, Hydraulics, BHA Design) & Applications Engineering support during the planning, implementation and follow-up stage for projects across the Africa region · Conduct / participate in Drilling Applications Engineering & Optimisation studies · Actively participate in all Baker Hughes knowledge management initiatives · Contribute towards raising Applications Engineering awareness and competency ...
- Engineering Technician Jobs in Muscat, OmanSupervise and oversee install/pull (complex) ESP Systems, and associated equipment in OFFSHORE and onshore locations. Lead a team, attend pre job planning meetings, prepare for and supervise the technical service. Act as on site Centrilift representative for communication with customers and account managers. Complete all job documentation. Conduct a worksite review and debrief the internal ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Scotland
- Tech Support Manager Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandResponsibility includes support of critical operations, high level technical Product-line specific support; facilitation of effective BEACON Center use, knowledge and experience transfer throughout the region and support for Geomarket initiatives to develop local talent and competency. Education, Experience Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Relevant oilfield experience. We have a vacant oil and gas industry position as ...
- Master Mariner – onshore Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandNoble Denton Consultants have offices in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Slough, London and Kazakhstan, and have established a recognised expertise in marine and engineering consultancy. The business has ambitious growth plans and is actively recruiting across all locations and business lines. The Marine business specialise in warranty, analysis and consultancy work including common marine inspections, surveys, accident investigations ...
- Solidworks Enterprise PDM Administrator Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandProviding support to Design & Engineering staff. - Ongoing development & tuning of PDM to increase functionality. - Assisting & training PDM users. - Working with IT & other PDM support personnel to support integration. - Modelling of parts for inclusion to standard libraries. - Ongoing support of admin dept providing PDM vault housekeeping. - Co-ordination of PDM maintenance activities to ...
Oil and Gas Jobs in Aberdeen
- Draughtsperson Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandPerform draughting work as allocated Project Engineers / Project Directors. Be familiar with relevant codes and standard used in the draughting work carried out. Liaise directly with Project Engineers on installation drawings and sketches. Comply with all quality system requirements regarding production, registering, revision and filing of drawings. Identify standard details which are suitable for inclusion in the CAD ...
- Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandThe O&G Business Development Manager reports to the Commercial Director of the Industry Division and will have leading business development activities for the Oil & Gas Market all over the UK with a particular focus on the Aberdeen based companies. The successful candidate will have a proven record of business development success within the Oil & ...
- Electronics Technician Jobs in Aberdeen, ScotlandAs an Electronics Technician your duties will consist of, but are not limited to: -Carry out testing and repair work on ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) equipment and assemble and install new build systems. - Test and repair all ROV ancillary equipment as directed by ROV Systems Manager. - Assemble and install new build ROV control systems. - Provide technical ...
Lead Engineer/Technologist Related Positions
- Mechanical Project Manager Jobs
- 3D Mechanical Design Jobs
- Mechanical Maintenance Jobs
- Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor Jobs
- Mechanical Engineering Technician Jobs
- Mechanical Construction Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician Jobs
- Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Commissioning Technician Jobs
- Mechanical Consultant Jobs
- Mechanical Production Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Tubing Jobs
- Mechanical Safety Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Technician Jobs
- Mechanical Advisor Jobs
- Mechanical Field Technician Jobs
- Mechanical Commissioning Jobs
- Mechanical Application Engineer Jobs