Norwegian Petroleum Directorate in short: is an independent State administration body reporting to the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
On 14 July 1972, a unanimous Storting resolved to establish the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD). From its base in Stavanger, the Directorate’s task was to manage the oil and gas resources on the Norwegian continental shelf. The first production licences on the Norwegian continental shelf were granted in 1965, and the first exploration well was drilled the following year. The Ministry of Industry had the constitutional responsibility for these activities. Activities increased during the 1960s and a need for organisational change gradually became apparent. Therefore, in 1970, the Government set up a committee to draft the organisation of the nation’s future petroleum administration. The committee reviewed the functions of the authorities and found that these were threefold: The Centralized Control function:
Visit our web site for vacancies, jobs and Norwegian Petroleum Directorate careers!
We are located in Stavanger, Norway, Europe(North)
Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Products
Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Vacancies
Top Oil and Gas Jobs in Norway
- Project Procurement Manager Jobs in Oslo, NorwayWe have an open position as: Commodity Team Leader / Project Procurement Manager
- Communications Manager Norway & Nordics Cluster Jobs in Stavanger, NorwayWe’re currently looking to recruit a Communications Manager to join us in Stavanger and look after the Nordics Cluster, comprising Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
- Project Engineer Jobs in Tranby, NorwayControl and monitoring of subsea equipment is critical and essential. You will work in close co-operation with our team of control engineers located at Forebu, ...
Top Oil and Gas Jobs in Stavanger
- Senior Engineer – Instrument / Actuated Valves Jobs in Stavanger, Norwaydevelop technical specifications and documentation for procurement of pressure safety valves
- Piping Stress Analysis Jobs in Stavanger, NorwayWe have an open permanent position as an Piping Stress Analysis Engineer in the business stream "Maintenance, Modifications and Operations North Sea"
- Subsea Intervention Engineers Jobs in Stavanger, NorwayDesign and modification on Subsea Intervention equipment
Top Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Job Positions